Skip to main content

Posts

Showing posts from December, 2017

A Walk in the Park with Cypark Resources Berhad (5184)

Lately, I have been searching for a company which has good profit margins, a business model which is non-conventional (i.e., not manufacturing, banking, plantation, and trading in nature), and resilient to external market shocks. I hope I have found the right company!


This week I will be looking at Cypark Resources Berhad (5184). Cypark is a company that is involved with the provision of environmental solutions. It has 4 main business segments which are:
1. Environmental engineering: Provision of nature conservation and environmental improvement services.
2. Landscaping and infrastructure: Provision of landscape services, project management services, and infrastructure development.
3. Maintenance: Provision of specialist maintenance works on leachate treatment plants, landscape services for parks, and maintenance of public amenities.
4. Green technology & renewable energy: Solar panel, biogas, biomass, waste-to-energy, and other renewable energy projects.
The business segment with…

Ornapaper Berhad - From corrugated boxes to carton boxes

As you may know, most stocks on Bursa Malaysia have traded lower in recent weeks due to the bearish sentiment and lack of positive factors. Share prices may continue to retrace or consolidate, but either way, it is good to keep your options open. Ornapaper Berhad (5065) is a company I came across due to tips from my acquaintance, and thought I should review this stock.   

Ornapaper Berhad is a company involved in the paper packaging industry and is listed on Bursa Malaysia. To be precise, it designs, manufactures and sells corrugated boxes and carton boxes within Malaysia. It derives about 90% of its revenue is from the paper packaging industry while the remaining 10% of its revenue is from the manufacture of paper-based stationery.

Picture 1: Carton Boxes

Carton/corrugated boxes have many uses and serve the needs of multiple industries. Among the industries that it serves is the electrical and electronics, food and beverage, furniture, textile, rubber, plastic, and agriculture indust…